By Holly Ragan, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS® Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro| Sulfur Springs, [email protected]
In light of the news of the attacks on Ukraine, we would like to extend the opportunity to help the community of Kharkiv (a city in northeastern Ukraine). One of the hospital associates has a spouse who is from this town and his family is still there. The hospital was able to send medical equipment.
Additionally, and through the generosity of many others, we were able to establish a fund through our Hopkins County Healthcare Foundation to raise funds and send them directly to help this town. To donate to this effort, go to Online Giving (christushealth.org) and select “Helping Ukraine” from the drop-down list (under “Designation” on the form).
Local Fitness Court – Grand Opening
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulfur Springs is proud to support the new local outdoor fitness court located in Pacific Park. Due to the threat of inclement weather, this event has been postponed. Please stay tuned for the new date!
Community Health Day
In partnership with CHRISTUS Health, Columbia Lodge #81 hosted a Community Health Day event on Saturday, March 12, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HW Grays building in Pacific Park. The event was free for all and included 6 free physician speakers and lab work, as well as a free breakfast. Attendance was excellent for the first year and we look forward to making this an annual event. A special thank you to Bryan Vaughn and the members of Columbia Lodge for volunteering and organizing a great event.
2022 Hopkins County Healthcare Foundation Lights of Life Gala
The Lights of Life Gala is scheduled for Saturday, April 2, 2022, from 6 p.m. to midnight at the Civic Center. This year’s theme, “Under the Big Top,” reflects our desire for fun and frivolity after a long season of hardship. The gala promises to be another dazzling evening of food, dancing and bidding on incredible live and silent auction items.
This year’s Lights of Life Gala Chairs are fourth-generation Hopkins County natives, sisters Markeda Fisher and Kayla Price Mitchell.
Shannon Barker, Executive Director of the Foundation, said, “I am delighted to be working with Markeda and Kayla. When they arrived as the Bearded Ladies to reveal the theme, Under the Big Top, I knew we were in good hands! They make everyone laugh, but also have the experience and connections to ensure a successful event. Their impressive history and dedication to Hopkins County is evidenced by their past and present community involvement. We are grateful that they consider the Health Foundation to be a cause worth investing their efforts in.
For more information and sponsorship opportunities, please call the Foundation office at 903-438-4799.
**UPDATE – COVID Vaccination Clinics
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulfur Springs will no longer be offering the COVID Immunization Clinic every Friday morning.
However, starting the week of March 7-11, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, Net Health will once again offer pediatric and adult COVID vaccines. This vaccination clinic is located in the MMU tents behind the hospital. No appointment is necessary. Thereafter, Net Health will continue to come every four weeks until September to provide COVID vaccines.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves before entering our establishment; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks should cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked while in hospital.
- An adult must accompany minor visitors, be symptom free and able to adhere to masking and hygiene expectations throughout the visit.
- Emergency department entrance open 24/7
- Main entrance open 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Types of visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: by televisit only;
- COVID not receiving aerosol therapy: 1 essential support person for duration of hospital stay – Essential support person will be provided with a visible wristband for identification purposes;
- ICU/ER: 1 essential support person only;
- All other patients can have 1 essential support person and 1 visitor (up to 2 people in the room at a time)
- Types of visitors:
The CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulfur Springs, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital an Encompass Health partner, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, an acute long-term care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. The CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the region’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 physicians and advanced practice providers representing 36 specialties at 34 sites serving Northeast Texas in 41 counties. For more information on services available through the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Number of beds – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Number of beds – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Number of beds – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Number of beds – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulfur Springs
- Number of beds – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Number of beds – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Number of beds – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Number of beds – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital