Ritchie Bros. attracted more than 8,500 online bidders from 65 countries to compete for more than 3,400 items at a recent auction in Toronto, generating more than C $ 44 million ($ 34.39 million) in the value of gross transaction and setting a new record in December for the site.
âWe are currently seeing record prices for equipment and trucks in all of our auctions and markets,â said Ryan Pottruff, Regional Sales Manager for Ritchie Bros. âWe have had an incredible year in Ontario, with multiple sales. record site auctions and significant growth in the region for our online Marketplace-E channel, which gives sellers more control over the sale price and process for blue chip assets. We have also set up a new satellite park in Thunder Bay for customers in the region who wish to display their equipment and sell virtually at our sales in Toronto.
More than 775 companies sold equipment at the Toronto auction, held Dec. 6-8, including nearly 50 items sold for G&G Service, an equipment and trucking company based in Toronto. Thunder Bay, Ontario.
âThe prices are incredible right now,â said Ken Gaudette, owner of G&G Service. âThunder Bay’s new yard has great visibility from the highway and is well organized. Ritchie Bros. is a great team with honest and knowledgeable staff. They are real professionals.
Approximately 84% of the items in the Toronto auction were purchased by Canadian buyers, 67% of which were purchased from Ontario. The remaining 16% was purchased by international buyers from countries such as India, Peru and Vietnam. Prior to the auction, Ritchie Bros. saw a 108% year-over-year increase in watchlist items, while pageviews on online equipment increased 13%.
âWe would like to thank all of the customers who participated in our auctions in Ontario this year,â said Pottruff. âPlease do not hesitate to contact us to let us know how we can help your businesses in the future. “
Ritchie Bros. is holding a fixed-time Eastern Canada auction on February 8, while the next Toronto site auction will be in March.
Five big sellers
- 2020 Caterpillar 336GC Hydraulic Excavator – CA $ 350,000 ($ 272,265)
- 2015 Vermeer HG6000TX Horizontal Track Grinder – CA $ 300,000 ($ 233,370)
- 2020 Kenworth T880 T / A Heavy Haul Truck – CA $ 217,500 ($ 169,193)
- 2012 Link-Belt RTC-80110 110 Ton All Terrain Crane 6x6x6 – CA $ 210,000 ($ 163,359)
- 2007 Western Star 4900SA T / A Sleeper Wrecker – CA $ 180,000 ($ 140,022)
Ontario Market-E 2021 Sales Highlights
- 2018 John Deere 870G LC Hydraulic Excavator – CA $ 850,000 ($ 668,000) – sold in February
- 2013 Peterson Pacific 5710C Horizontal Mulcher – CA $ 640,000 ($ 508,000) – sold in March
- 2013 Soilmec SC90HD crawler crane – CA $ 440,000 ($ 343,000) – sold in November
- 2013 Kobelco CK110G crawler crane – CA $ 340,000 ($ 281,000) – sold in May
- 2019 Western Star 4900SB Vacuum Truck – CA $ 330,000 ($ 260,000) – Sold in September