At its recent auction in Chehalis, WA, Ritchie Bros. sold over 2,600 items of equipment and trucks for over 500 owners, generating over $ 41 million in gross transaction value.
The online auction took place on December 21 and attracted 9,950 bidders from 58 countries, which marked a 27% year-over-year increase and a new record for the Chehalis site. About 95% of the auction’s assets were purchased by U.S. buyers, of which 33% were by buyers in Washington. The remaining 5% was sold to international buyers from countries such as France, Honduras and Vietnam. Prior to the auction, Ritchie Bros. saw a 44% increase in online equipment views, while page views increased 18% year over year.
âWe had a fantastic year in the Pacific Northwest, with high prices in all of our markets, and topped it off with our biggest Chehalis auction ever,â said Griffin Squires, Director Regional Sales for Ritchie Bros .. âTransportation and excavation equipment continues to fetch record prices. We also had strong returns on a fantastic forestry package that we took out early on. It’s a seller’s market right now, so I encourage anyone with excess equipment to contact us today.
The Chehalis auction equipment was sold from four locations, including satellite yards in Spokane, WA and Wasilla, AK, as well as owned by an owner in Billings. MT. Highlights included more than 140 tractor trucks, more than 75 excavators, more than 40 loaders and 35 bulldozers. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
âWe would like to thank all of the customers who participated in our auctions and markets in 2021,â said Squires. âFor any last-minute year-end purchase, I encourage you to check out our Marketplace-E and Ritchie List platforms today. We will be back with our next Chehalis auction in March 2022. â
Five big sellers
- 2018 Peterson 5710D Horizontal Track Grinder – $ 795,000
- 2020 Vermeer WC2500TX Track Mulcher – $ 340,000
- 2011 Caterpillar 988H Wheel Loader – $ 305,000
- 2015 Aspen HHT / RL Three-Axle Detachable Gooseneck Low-Loaded 75 Ton – $ 275,000
- 2019 Caterpillar 330 Hydraulic Excavator – $ 260,000
- Gross transaction value: over $ 41 million
- Total registered bidders: 9,950
- Total number of lots: more than 2,600
- Total number of senders: more than 500
Pacific Northwest Marketplace-E 2021 Sales Highlights
- 2015 Caterpillar 390FL Excavator – $ 435,000 (July)
- 2006 Potain Tower Crane – $ 375,000 (November)
- 2016 Volvo L350F Wheel Loader – $ 270,000 – (November)
- 2004 Gomaco Commander III Concrete Paving Equipment – $ 315,000 (February)
- 2016 Ponsse C50 Logging Processor – $ 270,000 (June)